Looking for self-directed professional development that out-of-school staff and volunteers can complete on their own? Click2Science has partnered with Better Kid Care to provide quality STEM training for youth development professionals via online, on-demand Web Lessons. Hosted on Better Kid Care's learning management system, Click2Science Web Lessons teach frontline staff and volunteers to facilitate quality STEM learning experiences with youth in out-of-school time settings.
STEM Professional Development for Frontline Staff & Volunteers
Staff and volunteers can earn CEUs or professional development credit from approved states for successfully completing Click2Science Web Lessons. Keep a record of training hours by downloading a certificate of completion after the assessment at the end of each lesson.
Click2Science Web Lessons are research-based courses developed in collaboration with Better Kid Care's curriculum development specialists and youth development experts. Built around each of the Click2Science skills — skills staff need to successfully engage youth in STEM learning — Click2Science Web Lessons include multiple forms of media content (video, reflection, and hands-on activities) and opportunities for participants to plan how they will take what they've learned and apply it in their program.
Online & On-Demand
Staff and volunteers can master each of the Click2Science skills when it’s convenient for them. Click2Science Web Lessons are online and on-demand, giving staff flexibility with their training and helping them fit professional development into their busy schedules.
Click2Science Web Lessons are self-directed, so staff can go at their own pace. Self-directed lessons eliminate the need for professional development providers and reduce the work required of trainers.
Each Click2Science Web Lesson costs only five dollars, an affordable alternative to other expensive and time-consuming professional development solutions.
How to Access Click2Science Web Lessons
Get started today by viewing our short tutorial video on accessing Click2Science Web Lessons, or checking out our FAQ page for more information. For additional questions, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
After reviewing the tutorial video above, click the link below to create an account or sign in to Better Kid Care's learning management system to get started!
Select a lesson title below to view the lesson's description and learning objectives. To begin any of the lessons below, please review the tutorial video above for instructions on accessing Click2Science Web Lessons within Better Kid Care. After reviewing the video sign in to or create an account with Better Kid Care's learning management system.
- Asking Purposeful Questions
- Connected Learning
- Connecting to STEM Careers
- Connecting with Community Partners
- Creating a Safe Space for STEM Learning
- Developing a Science and Engineering Identity
- Embracing Active STEM Learning
- Giving Youth Control
- Group Management During STEM
- Helping Learners Develop and Expand STEM Explanations
- It Takes Two! Encouraging Collaborative STEM Work
- Making Authentic Assessments of STEM Learning
- Maximizing STEM Space
- Minds-On Learning - Reflecting and Processing in STEM
- Modeling Science and Engineering Processes
- Preparing Yourself to Facilitate STEM
- Selecting STEM Activities
- Sparking Interest in STEM
- Take Note! Supporting Documentation of STEM Learning
- ¡Es cosa de dos! Estimulado el Trabajo Colaborativo de STEM
- ¡Tome Nota! Apoyar la Documentación del Apredizaje de STEM
- Acoger el Aprendizaje Activo de STEM
- Aprendizaje Práctico para la Mente - Reflexionar y Procesar en STEM
- Ayudando a los estudiantes a desarrollar y a ampliar sus explicaciones de STEM
- Conexión a Carreras de STEM
- Conexión con Socios Comunitarios
- Creación de Espacios Seguros para el Aprendizaje de STEM
- Darle el Control a la Juventud
- Desarrollando una Identidad de Ciencias e Ingeniería
- Despertando el Interés de los Niños en STEM
- Hacer evaluaciones auténticas de aprendizaje de STEM
- Haciendo Preguntas Intencionales
- Manejo de Grupos Durante STEM
- Maximizer el Espacio de STEM
- Modelar los Procesos de Ciencia e Ingeniería
- Preparándose para failitar STEM
- Probando, probando 1-2-3
- Seleccionando Actividades de STEM
Build a Stronger Out-of-School Time Program
Receiving training credits from Penn State Extension's Better Kid Care program is a quality indicator for not only staff, but entire out-of-school time programs. Continuing education helps out-of-school time professionals provide higher quality care to youth, especially in STEM fields. When staff earn credit for completing Click2Science Web Lessons through Better Kid Care, programs are also demonstrating their dedication to quality STEM education in out-of-school time.
Program directors, trainers, and individuals in charge of professional development can prepay for multiple lessons in advance in order to encourage staff to take Click2Science's online courses. Track the lessons as they're completed by staff by choosing to receive an email each time your prepayment code is used. Sign in to Better Kid Care's learning management system to purchase a prepayment code, or visit Better Kid Care's website for additional information.